1. Make inhabitants decision-makers and actors of their future in a win-win situation and improve their living conditions.
1. Create favorable social conditions for their commitment and fulfilment through a project that helps their social integration.
Learning life skills and professional skills through training and workshops
– Renovation of 4 containers for the creation of infrastructures for the village
– Training and workshops (adaptability, self-awareness, decision-making, budget management, balanced nutrition)
– Individual counseling services
– Permaculture and waste recycling workshops
– Community activities with a counselor (? etc.)
– Organization of cultural activities and sports (yoga, music, football …)
– Enable inhabitants to acquire and reinforce knowledge and skills for employment.
2. Enable people to acquire and strengthen knowledge and skills for employment.
Strengthening potential candidates with support to employment (applications, speech, personal presentation …)
– Empowerment program (tutoring to strengthen potential candidates)
– Establishment of a skills assessment service (assessment of knowledge and skills, orientation and follow-up)
– Support women’s empowerment
3. Supporting women’s empowerment
Creating favorable conditions for their independence (micro nursery, life skills, dedicated training …)
– Reception of 20 children from 3 months to 3 years old for women actively seeking training or employment
– Women’s workshops (financial independence, nutrition ..)
2. Strengthen the socio-economic integration of the region into the Mauritian economy
1. Promote the social and economic development of the Morne region.
Strengthening local entrepreneurship (professional workshops, creation of economic opportunities …)
– Professional workshops (business creation, crafts, catering …)
– Contribution to the Nou Le Morne event (F&B, crafts, production …)
– Community activities (fancy fair, beach maintenance …)
– Creation of a market (local produce)
– Training inhabitants for a job at Green Village (green spaces, infrastructures …)
2. Alerting authorities about the fragility of the territory and the need to remedy it.
Strategic meetings with decision-makers, recommendations in collaboration with local civil society (local NGOs), local institutions and inhabitants of Le Morne (regular community consultations, steering committee with key stakeholders, writing and sending advocacy documents to the relevant political decision-makers). As well as take into account the Morne region in the national sustainable development plan (meetings with relevant political decision-makers, monitoring of political commitments).
– Consultations with residents, institutions and local players
3. Contribute to the coordination of local associative activities and promote a response to the needs of the territory and the population.
1. Ensure the census of resources.
Identify active NGOs their projects their actions and create synergy
– NGO census
– Meetings for future partnerships
2. Generate membership and facilitate partnerships.
Creation of a common platform for sharing practices
– Creation of a steering committee for associations of the Morne region.
– Coordination of various activities